Marco Mussetta is an Associate Professor of Electrical Engineering in Politecnico di Milano, Italy.
He was born in 1979.
He received the M.S. degree in mechanical engineering and the Ph.D in electrical engineering from the Politecnico di Milano, Milan, Italy, in 2003 and 2007, respectively.
In 2006, he has been a Visiting Ph.D. Student at the State Key Lab of Millimeter Waves in Southeast University of Nanjing, Nanjing, China, in the framework of an international project on S&T cooperation between Italy and China.
In 2007, he attended courses at Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT, Boston), University of Milano-Bicocca, and MIP (Milano) on intellectual property protection, technology transfer management, and project management.
In 2008, he got a Postdoctoral Scholarship with the Department of Electronics in Politecnico di Torino, Turin, Italy, where he was involved in a project on the implementation of reflectarray antennas in aerospace application for global monitoring and surveillance.
In March 2011 he joined the Department of Energy, Politecnico di Milano, as an assistant professor.
Since 2015 he is an Associate Professor in the same Department.
His research activities include global evolutionary optimization techniques applied to reflectarray antennas design, printed antennas, FSS, wireless sensor networks, and modeling and optimization of renewable energy systems by means of advanced soft computing techniques.
Since 2001, Dr. Mussetta coauthored about 200 publications on WoS/Scopus-indexed journals and proceedings of international conferences.
He serves as a Reviewer for IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation, IEEE Transaction on Neural Networks, IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility, IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, and ACES Journal.
He is the Chair of the IEEE CIS Task Force on “Fuzzy Systems in Renewable Energy and Smart Grid” and Member of the IEEE CIS Fuzzy Systems Technical Committee.
He is a Senior Member of IEEE, CIS, PES, IES, and member of AEIT, and SPIE.
Main steps in Education:
- Mar. 2004 – May 2007: Ph.D. Electrical Engineering @ Politecnico di Milano, Italy
- Nov. 2006 – Dec. 2006: Visiting Ph.D Student @ SouthEast University, Nanjing, China
- Sep. 1998 – Dec. 2003: M.S. Mechanical Engineering @ Politecnico di Milano, Italy
Main steps in academic career and professional experiences:
- Oct. 2015 – ongoing: Associate Professor @ Politecnico di Milano, Italy
- Mar.2011 – Sep. 2015: Researcher / Assistant Professor @ Politecnico di Milano, Italy
- Feb. 2008 – Feb.2011: Post-Doc / Research Assistant @ Politecnico di Torino, Italy
- Professor of CIRCUITS AND ELECTRONICS (since A.Y. 2016-17)
- Professor of BASIC PRINCIPLES OF ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING (since A.Y. 2012-13)
- Professor of ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING (since A.Y. 2011-12)
(see also: http://mussetta.faculty.polimi.it/teaching/)
- Chair of the IEEE CIS Task Force on “Fuzzy Systems in Renewable Energy and Smart Grid“
- Member of the IEEE CIS Fuzzy Systems Technical Committee
Conference Organizing Committee involvement:
- 13th IEEE PES PowerTech Conference, 23-27 June 2019, Milano, Italy
- ET 2017
- 17th International Conference on Environment and Electrical Engineering (EEEIC 2017), 6 June 2017, Milano, Italy
Conference Technical Program Committee involvement:
- The Ninth International Conference on Genetic and Evolutionary Computing ICGEC-2015, 26 August 2015, Yangon, Myanmar
- The Eighth International Conference on Genetic and Evolutionary Computing ICGEC-2014, 18 October 2014, Nanchang, China
- The Seventh International Conference on Genetic and Evolutionary Computing ICGEC-2013, 25 August 2013, Prague, Czech Republic
- Solar Energy Tech 2012 International Workshop, 19 October 2012, Milano, Italy
- The Sixth International Conference on Genetic and Evolutionary Computing ICGEC-2012, 25 August 2012, Kitakyushu, Japan
- The Fifth International Conference on Genetic and Evolutionary Computing ICGEC-2011
29 August 2011, Kinmen, Taiwan
- The Fourth International Conference On Genetic and Evolutionary Computing ICGEC-2010, 13 December 2010, Shenzhen, China
- Solar Energy Tech 2010 International Workshop, 8 July 2010, Milano, Italy
- IEEE Senior Member:
- Power & Energy Society (PES)
- Computational Intelligence Society (CIS)
- Industrial Electronics Society (IES)
- Ordine degli Ingegneri della Provincia di Milano
List of published papers:
Address: Campus Bovisa – Via La Masa, 34 – 20156 – Milano
Solar Tech Lab: www.solartech.polimi.it
Email: marco . mussetta [at] polimi . it